Summer Lovin’

Eugene Kim , '15; Ashley Nensel, '16; Adriana Feijoo, senior; and Eubin Kim, junior; pose in front of the Lollapalooza sign at 2016's festival.

Adriana Feijoo

Adriana Feijoo

Maggie O'Donnell, Staff Reporter

As summer approaches, students at MHS are making plans with friends and family members. Plans for the next two and a half months range from participating in sporting events to going on vacation.

“I’m going to go on vacation to the Bahamas with my family and probably going to swim in the ocean, go body surfing and hike the mountains there,” said Junior Dominic Carstens.

Although not everyone is headed somewhere exotic for summer vacation, many students have plans to make the most of the summer while staying in the area.

“[I plan to] hang with my friends and work a lot but have a sweet time,” said Sophomore Josh Peterson.

Besides travel and spending time with friends, many students, particularly those who participate in school sports, will spend their summer enhancing their athletic skills.

“My plans are to take Driver’s Ed and get better at soccer at MHS with my friend Becca [Rebecca Nielsen, freshman],” said Freshman Madigan Franzen.

Students also have plans to attend the various festivals offered in the city, the biggest one being Lollapalooza, which will be held Aug. 3-6.

“My biggest plan is to go to Lollapalooza with my friend [Junior] Brianna White and see music people,” said Junior Hailey Fay.

On the other hand, some students may choose to do less expensive activities in order to save money.

Said Senior Lucas Zepeda, “I’m going to work at the Mundelein Park District a lot and try not to spend money.”