Seniors give advice to underclassmen

Madison Parola, Co Editor-in-chief

Everyone at one point or another has wondered what it would be like to go back in time. For high school seniors, going back to freshman year knowing what they know now would potentially be a great opportunity. Since that’s not an option, here are some insights from seniors to the underclassmen.

Emma Aculado: My number one advice would be to always stay true to who you really are. It’s really easy in high school to want to follow what is cool or seems right or trendy, but you should always depend on your beliefs and ideas before what’s popular. Don’t do stupid things or wear certain things if it’s not what you truly enjoy.

Olivia Harbison: To join more clubs and activities– I know it is the basic advice you hear from upperclassmen, but it’s the truth. I wish I joined more clubs when I was a freshman so that I could be more involved. It honestly doesn’t matter if you think you’re too bad to tryout and too different to join the club, do it anyways. You’ll meet so many new people and have fun in so many different ways. Being involved is always fun because you get to try so many new things.

Lexi Kasamis: Mundelein has so many outside supports for you academically. Never be scared to ask a teacher for help after school. Also, the Math Lab is a lifesaver, so use it. Also, friends will come and go, and it’s okay. Four years is a long time, and you meet a lot of new people.

Cayce Parker: I wish I knew that you don’t have to be fake and that being yourself will get you friends that you can be yourself around. Also, play water polo; it’s super fun.

Melanie Umbdenstock: Actually apply yourself in school your freshman and sophomore years; you’ll regret not getting better grades when you go to apply for schools or other activities that may ask for your GPA, and don’t stress yourself out too much. School can be hard, but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t get the grade you wanted.

Natalie Williams: As a freshman, I wish I would’ve known to go to as many school events as possible– dances, football games, school plays, etc. It’s a good way to spend time with friends and make great memories.

Mia Zemke: I would say that they should get involved in school activities. I think it’s really fulfilling knowing you’re doing something with your time. Not only that, you’re opening yourself up to meeting new people you wouldn’t have exposed yourself to otherwise– meeting people like yourself who share the same interests and passions.