Senior Breakfast

Kayla Baltazar, Staff Reporter

With the end of another school year, seniors celebrated the end of their high school careers with a Student Leadership-sponsored breakfast on Thursday, May 12. Early in the morning, seniors arrived to pick up their caps and gowns and got the opportunity to enjoy a breakfast with their friends. Student Leadership Sponsors Patrick Gaughan and Cynthia Henrichs noted that the Senior Breakfast was made to be a relaxing yet fun environment. “[It’s] an exciting last, last time that they’ll be here at this school,” Henrichs said.  Gaughan expressed a similar sentiment. “We wanted to do something special for the seniors,” he said, “so we gave them one last hurrah.”

Photo by Kayla Baltazar

Goodbyes and Good Breakfasts: Finally done with high school, seniors get to celebrate the past four years in the parking lot. Between 7:30 and 10:00 a.m., seniors came to the school one last time to spend time together and eat some breakfast.

Photo by Kayla Baltazar

One Step Closer: Before enjoying breakfast, students went to the North Gym to pick up their caps and gowns for graduation– one step closer to walking the stage and receiving their diploma.

Photo by Kayla Baltazar

Pastries and Donuts Galore: For breakfast, the seniors had a wide variety of food from which to choose. Some breakfast items included donuts, muffins and bagels.

Photo by Kayla Baltazar

Breakfast Buffet: After picking up their cap and gown, seniors take their pick of all the breakfast foods displayed. Many students chose to eat some of the fruits offered.

Photo by Kayla Baltazar

Three, two, Uno; we’re out: Seniors Brenda Lagunes, Anayely Gabriel-Ortega, Giselle Gerra, Robert Ibarra, Christopher Moyer, Hailey Lindenbaum and Katie Myrant spend the morning together. Over breakfast, they competitively play a game of Uno as they look forward toward the future. “One thing I’m looking forward to in the future is making new friends at community college,” Lagunes said. “I’m a really social person, so I think [that] would be a positive experience for me.”

Photo by Kayla Baltazar

Reminiscent readings: Senior Emma Richard reads the senior edition of The Mustang and reflects on her experiences at MHS. As she reads about her fellow seniors’ fond memories, she thinks about what she’ll miss most when she leaves. Richard said, “I’m going to miss all my younger friends and seeing all my teachers.”