What Is MHS Thankful For?

Dalyne Yanez, Photo Editor

It’s that time of year–Thanksgiving– when we all recognize what we’re thankful for, especially since each year can have its good and its bad times. The Mustang asked what MHS students and staff were thankful for this year, or anything significant that happened that changed their lives. Each person started with “I’m thankful for…” and what the Mustang saw in most all of the answers were that family or someone important to them was mentioned.

Breanna Long, English teacher:

“My new son Henry; he was born healthy, happy and is sleeping mostly during the night.”

Enrique Valencia, freshman:

“Well, I didn’t fail first term; that’s a good thing. I got good teachers, and I was able to meet new people. And I’m here with my cousins; I have a lot of family here at the school.”

Danny Cordoba, freshman:

“For my education, the sports I’ve done [football] and other sports I’ll probably do. For my girlfriend– she encourages me to do my best. Also, for different things I can do here [at the school] and different classes I can take. For the food, since it’s always something different each day.”

Libby Burmeister, sophomore:

“For having a loving mother that cares for me because she’s always been there for me when I need her, and she loves me.”

Jocelyn Rodriguez, junior:

“For having courage to meet new people, being here [at school] and gaining new experiences.”

Sergio Morales, senior:

“Everything. My family, girlfriend and friends. Family is always going to be there for you even when no one else [is] and at your lowest. My girlfriend has been there for me since seventh grade; we’ve been through so much, and I can count on her for anything. Friends are going to be there for me, to have fun with me and have memorable experiences in high school that will last forever.”

Jerri Craven, Foods teacher:

“For family and friends. Family- my daughter’s getting married we’ll be adding someone else to the family. My mother passed away last year, and we’ve made it through this year. Friends- it’s entertaining and there’s never a dull moment.”