A List of the Best Local Pizza Options

Cat Stevens, Staff Reporter

Most people like a nice warm slice of pizza, but at what cost? Some popular pizza chains in the Mundelein area include Jet’s Pizza, Pizza Italia, Bill’s Pizza, and unfortunately, Little Caesar’s.

While some people prefer to spend their $5 on a single slice of authentic pizza and perhaps a drink from Pizza Italia, others choose to go to Little Caesar’s where they spend it on a circular sheet of cardboard that comes topped with watery tomato sauce and a sprinkle of sawdust-flavored cheese.

Pizzerias in downtown Chicago are undoubtedly the best of the best, coming from places such as The Art of Pizza, but in close proximities, Jet’s Pizza, Bill’s Pizza and Pizza Italia are three solid contenders.

Jet’s Pizza offers a number of styles of pizza, including deep dish, thin crust, round or cornered. They also offer a free crust flavor of your choosing and several toppings. On top of this, they provide delivery services and carry out.

Pizza Italia is a chain with delicious round, thin-crust pizza, Chicago-style deep dish pizza, mozzarella sticks and Buffalo wings. The hand-tossed crust gives it a sense of authenticity that you can taste. With fast delivery and convenient locations, Pizza Italia is a great place for a pizza treat.

“I like Pizza Italia because it’s good and cheap,” said Angie Zak, sophomore.

Bill’s Pizza is also a great place to pick up a warm meal, or stay awhile next door at Bill’s Pub, where you can snack on peanuts before throwing the shells on the ground. With a wild amount of pizza sizes and toppings, the options are limitless. The environment is friendly and warm, although just like any other bar/restaurant, it can get a little loud. After all, it is hard to not show excitement when surrounded by such excellent food.

“I like Bill’s Pizza because it’s local and pretty good,” said Libby Chuma, senior.

Lastly, Little Caesar’s must be addressed. If I were stuck on an island, and I was given the choice between eating a pizza from Little Caesar’s and starving to death slowly, I would eat the sand beneath my feet, considering it would have the same taste as their horrible excuse for a pizza. There are very few people I know that genuinely enjoy eating pizza from that establishment, and they all happen to be teenage boys who will consume anything labeled as food.

Since pizza is associated with social gatherings, such as school parties, it can bring back fun memories that reside within us.  Therefore, spend the extra money and order good pizza for the creation of those fun memories.